This article shows you what you can do if you've got a new smartphone. Depending on what operating system do you use, and whether you still have your old smartphone you have different options.
1) Transfer the administrator key (If you still have your old smartphone)
You can transfer the admin key from your old phone onto the new one. To do this:
- Make sure you have both your old and new smartphones at hand
- Make sure both phones have internet connection
- Open the Remootio app on the old smartphone
- Swipe to the Remootio device you want to migrate to the new phone
- Tap on the cogwheel icon in the bottom right corner
- Scroll down to Transfer admin key and tap on it.
- A QR code should show up. This contains details of your admin key
- Open the Remootio app on the new smartphone
- In the main screen tap on Receive new key
- Scan the QR code
- After a few seconds the admin key should appear on your new smartphone
- The transfer is done. You can now close the screen showing the QR code on the old smartphone
In case you cannot scan the QR code you can also tap on Share link on the screen showing the QR code and send it as a text message onto your new phone. On the new phone you then need to copy this code, tap on Paste code under the Receive new key option, and paste it there.
2) Restore iCloud backup (iOS only)
If both your old and new phones are iOS you might have a backup of your app's state in your iCloud (if this feature was not opted-out of). In order to do this:
- Open the app on your new phone
- Tap on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner of your app's main screen
- Scroll down to App data backups and tap on it
- If there is a backup available tap on the name of the backup
WARNING: If you already have keys in the Remootio app of your new phone those keys may be lost due to the restoration of the app backup. If losing these keys is a problem for you please do not proceed
- Press restore backup
Now the key should be visible in the Remootio app. If the key doesn't work properly the backup might be too old to work properly. In this case, please use one of the other options.
3) Reset your Remootio and set it up on your new phone
You can reset your Remootio device into the factory state (it forgets all the keys and access rights), and then set it up again using your new phone so that your new phone becomes the admin of the device.
In order to do this first you have to reset your device. This can be done:
- Wirelessly (if you still have the admin key on your old phone)
- By hardware (if you don't have your old phone)
Please refer to this short article on how to reset the device in either case.
After the device is reset you can open the Remootio app on your new phone, and tap on Set up new device.