Smart Gate Opener for Chamberlain Gates and Garage doors
You can easily make your Chamberlain gates and garage door openers smart
The good news is that you don't need to buy a new opener to have a smart gate or garage door opener. You can install Remootio, a small hardware add-on to make your existing gate or garage door openers smart. Remootio needs to be wired to the control board or the push button add-on of your existing Chamberlain opener and connects to your smart home hub and smartphone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately not all Chamberlain models are compatible and some are more difficult to install than others, so please check the wiring diagram before placing your order.
You'll be able to:
- Use your smartphone to control your gate via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or over the Internet.
- Check if your gate is open or closed.
- Use Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Samsung SmartThings to operate the gate.
- Check who opened or closed the gate.
- Use your Apple Watch and Siri Shortcuts to operate the gate.
- Send virtual keys to your family, friends, guests or your gardener and revoke their access rights anytime.
- Open the gate automatically as you arrive home (geofencing).
- Schedule when the gate should automatically open and close.
- A working gate opener
- A Remootio unit
- A small cross head screw driver
- A wiring diagram for installation
(Select the model number of your gate opener below and take a look at the wiring diagram)
If the model you have is not compatible according to the compatibility checker, but you have some soldering skills, there might be a workaround:
Step 1: Check if you have a Chamberlain Wall Control Button
Step 2: Locate the physical button on the wall unit
Step 3: Remove the screws and remove the circuit board
Step 4: Find the tactile switch on the PCB
Step 5: Solder the control cable of Remootio to the tactile switch on the PCB
The necessary wires and sensor parts are included in the kit.
To power the Remootio unit, you can use the included wall mount AC adapter or you can use one of the adapters below if you don't have a wall socket near your gate opener:
If you have multiple gates and garage doors, you'll need to install one Remootio unit for each gate/ garage door opener and you'll be able to control all of your Chamberlain openers from the same app.
For more details, please check out the installation manual or feel free to contact the Remootio Support Team at email@example.com if you have any questions.