How to use Remootio via Bluetooth only?
Most people buy Remootio devices in order to make their existing gate & garage door opener smart by installing this hardware add-on. However, let us not forget that if there is no signal at the gate, you can still use Remootio via Bluetooth. This can be a particularly good solution if someone lives in a rural area and for vacation homes as well.
In this article, we show you how to use Remootio exclusively via Bluetooth if you do not insist on establishing a Wi-Fi/Internet connection or do not have the opportunity to do so.I. STEPS
- In order to be able to use Remootio, the most important thing is that it is properly installed & setup. This is how you will be able to access its user interface and control your gate/garage door. If you want more information about this, please read the installation manual of the Remootio device you have; Remootio 2, Remootio 3.
- If you want to access Remootio via Bluetooth, turn on the Bluetooth function of your phone. IMPORTANT: The Bluetooth function only needs to be turned on, Remootio DOES NOT need to be paired from the phone's Bluetooth settings.
- Open the Remootio smartphone application and tap on the Bluetooth icon.
- If the phone's Bluetooth is switched on and the Bluetooth icon is selected in the app, an automatic connection is established. It is important to mention that this option is only available if the phone is within the Bluetooth range of Remootio.
If you have done all this, you can now control your Remootio (and therefore your gate/garage door) via Bluetooth.
II. How to access the Bluetooth settings of your Remootio smartphone application?
In several occasions, it may be necessary to access the Bluetooth settings of Remootio smartphone application. The settings contain a lot of important information, including the device's type, UUID or serial number. To access this, please follow the steps below.
- Tap on the cogwheel icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the network setup section.
- Tap on the ‘Bluetooth information’ option.
Now you can also check your Bluetooth settings. If you have any questions, please let us know. Our support email address is the following; email@example.com